Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Words Cannot Describe the Degree of my Excitement

I'm going to North Carolina!

Why, you may ask?

Well, it starts with my best friend, who's stationed at Seymour Johnson AFB in Goldsboro, NC. This is, by the way, the town where Andy Griffith taught high school, and apparently could be the town that inspired Mayberry (which is why I never really worry about him getting into too much trouble.

The aforementioned friend will soon be shipping out to "the desert" for an unspecified amount of time. Actually, it probably is specified, but last time he went, they "specified" three months and it ended up being six, so take that as you wish.

On the phone the other night, I said "that's not cool; I wish I could fly out there to see you before you go," and he said "Seriously, Tiff, if you can figure out how to get here, I'll split the cost of the trip with you."

Baroo?

Never one to back away from a (not really spoken or implied but I'm treating it that way anyway) challenge, I hopped on the 'net & found a great deal on Expedia.com. I managed to change my schedule at my grown-up job so I'm off Friday the 14th through Monday the 17th WITHOUT taking any vacation time; and one of the wonderful folks I work with at the Zoo offered to take the overnight shift I had for that weekend. SWEET!

So, booked the flight, booked the rental car -- we are at t-minus 17 days and counting, yay!

And as an added bonus, my grandmother's brothers live about an hour from Goldsboro, so I'll be making a trip down to see them on Saturday or Sunday. Yay family!

Again, I'm SO psyched, I'm practically speechless -- and for me, that takes a lot!

*on another note, grandpa is doing better; the docs are slowly but surely weaning him off medications & machines; he's coherent & responsive, so thanks for the good thoughts, keep sending them our way!

Cheers!

1 comment:

Jess said...

You're just a traveling fiend. Have fun on your trip!