Sunday, March 12, 2006

Day 3 - the Day After

Greetings from the North Country, where we have a Winter Weather Advisory -- according to the National Weather Service, we may get 4-6 inches of snow tonight, yay!

I got in to Ashland about 730 last night (after adding two more states and a handful of LIVE deer to my count), took a quick shower, then walked to the Deepwater with Dan, Travis & Dana, & met up with April, Bruce, Dusty, Molly, Tex, EJ . . . we played pool for at least four hours. Dan took pics, which can be seen here, despite the misspelling of my last name. More pics to come, since we're off to the Deepwater again tonight (hey, when you're in Ashland and want food & ambience (or ambiance if you prefer), you're limited on your options) -- we have more than $25 in quarters, and at $0.75/game, we're set for hours.

Slept in until about 1030, had brunch in the cafeteria (who'd have thought I'd ever do that again?), stopped to see cool Psychology professor Paul Norris, played on the computer a bit, then the boys gave me a lesson in bocce ball (pics here), followed by a trip to McDonald's (yes I splurged) because the guys said "we're not going out until 6? we're going to need to eat before then." Now we're chilling out in Dan's room, I booked a posh hotel room in Stevens Point for tomorrow night's trip home (last night of vacation, all to myself, I splurged on the whirlpool suite 'cuz I got a GREAT deal on it!).

More later, adios!

**As of 10:45, no snow, but up here that doesn't really mean anything.

No comments: