Thursday, March 16, 2006

Home Sweet Home

Well, after being snowed in Monday, I attempted to leave Northern Wisconsin on Tuesday morning -- no prob, the snow had stopped, sun was out, main road in town was pretty cleared, I was on my way . . .

I got about 20 miles out of town, the snow picked up, road was covered in packed snow, and I did a 180* in my Ranger. I was quite happy to stay ON the road, thanks, and that the two big trucks coming from either direction saw fit to avoid squishing me. I pressed on to the next town (because it was closer than where I'd come from), & checked into the Days Inn in Hurley, WI at like 10am. I watched cable, watched the snow, took a nap, watched the snow, did homework, watched the snow . . . are you seeing a trend here? Bonus: shortly before the Truck Ice Capades, I saw a bald eagle flying above the trees that line the side of the road. Awesome.

By 8:00am Wednesday, the storm front was gone, the roads were cleared, and I headed home -- this just meant that I had to drive the whole 10-hr stretch in one day. Not my preferred method, especially by myself, but it was a beautiful day & I enjoyed the trip.

I hope everyone else's weekend/start to the week went well!

1 comment:

Ren said...

Let's see... I've been shot at, stabbed, spat on, drugged, and fondled by two beautiful women. Yep, the week is off to a great start!