Saturday, June 17, 2006

Saturday Afternoon Snippets

Well, here I am, at work, one hour left -- it's been SOOOOOO slow (knock on wood), I'm almost going crazy . . . er . . . crazier. I've finished all the paperwork, done a bit of homework, and done more than my fair share of internet browsing. Thus, I thought I'd provide an update on various things.

Speed and I spent all last weekend moving him into the house he's renting for a few months while he builds his. The rental is owned by the same old guy who calls me Trixie. The guy is 70 & hadn't occupied the house in over 6 months AND he's a mega-packrat -- ohmygawd, it was a good thing I went out; the boys did heavy lifting & I did heavy cleaning. One great quote from the old guy, "I got divorced in 1998 and that refrigerator hasn't been cleaned since!" Oh goodness. I scrubbed. And Shop-Vac-ed. And Windex-ed. And then I did it all again.

This week at work has been busy enough to keep me entertained, and with no free evenings to spend with Speed, sigh. We still managed to make all but one of our lunch dates this week (the joys of working in the same department) -- did I mention I got flowers last week? I SO got flowers for NO good reason -- mega points, especially because I can't really remember the last time a b/f got me flowers -- and it was a big ol' bouquet, too, just because!

Okay, it's disgustingly cute, I know, I'm sorry. No, I'm not. I'm quite enjoying myself. Speed's meeting me after work tomorrow (yep, he'll be rescuing me from another day of boredom) to go to mom's house for dinner.

On the school front, I have one more class in Business Economics - the final - Wednesday, then I'm done with this class, YAY! The teacher, albeit intelligent & into his subject matter, gets on my nerves. I DID get to give a presentation about how various economic theories apply to the non-profit sector, specifically, the ZOO; so that was cool. Next course is Current Issues in Marketing.

We're getting back into Overnight season at the Zoo, yay!

I read this article which makes me sad; but this one gave me a bit of hope, though I think it may be due to the fact that they either (a) didn't find oil there or (b) it's too costly to drill. Oh no! Cynical Tiffany got loose! Beat her back into the recesses of my brain . . . beat, beat . . . okay, I'm better now.

Anyway, that's the mega-big excitement (thrilling, I know), back to surfing I go....

2 comments:

Jess said...

Woot woot. What you doing this Saturday night? I'm getting some people together for a belated birthday shindig, and I'd love it if you (and maybe Speed) could make it. :o)

Tiffany said...

Hey J-
Thanks for the invite, however, Speed & I will be hanging out in IL celebrating two months of putting up with each other -- but happy belated B-Day!!