Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Dealing

My grandpa passed away last night.

Today would have been 8 weeks since his surgery; he's been in the ICU ever since. In one of his lucid/coherent moments yesterday, the doctors asked what he wanted, and he said he wanted to be taken off the machines. Most of the family was there -- little brother is up at school, he has finals this week; and the two youngest cousins were at home.

Some of you may remember my audio blog from March, where I mentioned that Grandpa's biggest reminder was that, if something went wrong, we had to call the Pasta House. So there I am last night in the hospital, everyone's crying, and all I can think of is "we have to call the Pasta House!" -- today, Mom mistakenly said "Olive Garden" & I'm like, "no, no, it's the Pasta House, whatever you do, it has to be the Pasta House!"

I'm not sure if I'll be blogging about this anymore, I'm trying to do what I've always done & be the rock for my family; while dealing with the loss of the most influential male role model in my life.

3 comments:

Robert said...

Oh Tiff I'm so sorry. I know you and your grandpa were really close. I'm only a phone call away if you ever need a friend to talk to. Don't forget while you are the emotional support for your family to deal with your feelings as well. I wish you the best Tiffany. Stay strong. *Hugs*

Eitak and Nairb said...

Tiff, I am very sorry. If you need anything just let me know. Just remember to have to take care of you too. I know it's hard and I don't know anything to say to you that will make it all go away. Keep going, we're all here for you.

Jess said...

Sweetheart, I hope you're doing all right. I am so sorry for your loss. Take care of your family, but take care of you, too. I'm thinkng of you.