Friday, November 04, 2005

I've been holding out on you . . .

I know, I know -- I've been absent, missing, elsewhere, distant -- things have been very busy, but I still love you. So, I present to you, a string of updates on various aspects of my life . . . and after that, a revelation I've been hiding.

Jenny Craig Update: 25 lbs as of my last meeting, more than halfway to my goal -- here's a picture of the new, smaller me:


Work Update: Work has been busy. I was in charge of organizing the first "Customer Service Appreciation Day" for my office staff, that went very well! Then, I was asked to assist with the display boards for "Maintenance Appreciation Week" -- everyone has said how awesome they look, pat on the back for me! 10/25 makes my one-year anniversary in my current position, and I really can't believe it's been a year already. My boss has suggested that I start looking for advancement opportunities within the company, but most if not all of the positions want someone with a business degree, which I don't have. Which brings me to . . .

School Update: I'm selling my soul for an MBA. Well, not really my soul, and in fact the hospital will pay $3,000 a year in tuition reimbursement, so it's a pretty sweet deal. I get a Master's degree, some "on-paper" business experience, and a chance for advancement where I am. Even better, since I'm not planning on staying here forever & I still plan on pursuing my PhD in Biology, I could then go to an organization like the Saint Louis Zoo & say "look, I have degrees that say I can manage animals, people, and money . . . hire me!"

Those are the current events, and now the promised revelation:
I've been seeing someone. That's right, I have . . . a boyfriend. We've been dating for 5 months which, for reference, is the longest relationship I've ever been in. He is, as my mother describes him, "smart, funny, and only slightly cocky," which is good, because it means that he can hold his own with me. Grandma says if he wasn't a little cocky, I'd eat him alive. He refers to my birds as "feathered noisemakers," but he still whistles at them because he knows they like it. He puts up with my sense of humor, and he has a puppy! That's all I'm going to share right now, but if you're lucky, more may follow.

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

never, Lopey, never-ever-ever -- I'm too poor to be a Republican, and my "save-the-world" idealism affects the far-right-wingers like holy water on vampires . . .

Robert said...

Tiff, first off I want you to know that you do not have a boyfriend. You can date once I have met the guy and given the best-friend-seal-of-approval. Second, even though you give no hints, could this lopez guy here be someone of interest?

Tiffany said...

hey Bert -
nope, sorry, Lopes is a good ol' friend from my days at Mehlville. Had you not moved all the way across the FREAKIN STATE, you might have a chance to meet the aforementioned boyfriend, whom I'll call John, because that's his name. Next time you're in town, though, give me a call!

Jess said...

Hooray on the weight loss. And hooray on the boyfriend. And hooray on the MBA. I'll be selling my soul for a PhD soon, so don't feel bad.

J. said...

Just your random blogger. Once I saw where you are from I had to read. I am also from St. Louis and it is always nice to talk to someone from home.

Why do you need a diet? You look great just the way you are!

Tiffany said...

thanks much to "random blogger" J. -- fellow St. Louisans are ALWAYS welcome!

As for the diet, it's less for looks & more for health -- my family has a history of heart disease, high blood pressure, & other weight-related issues. 6 months ago, I was at almost 180 lbs -- a healthy weight range for my height is 115-135. Since starting the Jenny Craig program, I'm a little more than halfway to my goal, and it's noticeable -- not only in the fact that I had to get my clothes tailored, but I have more energy & just feel better than I did in May.

Thanks for stopping by!