Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Major Life Changes!!!

Okay, so for the last year I've kinda been muddling around, trying to figure out how to best acheive my personal & career goals. I've recently committed to some major changes that I beleive will help me get wherever it is that I'm going. Check it out:

*I've been going to the YMCA 2-3 times a week -- whoo hoo!

*Inspired by various people, including J, I joined Jenny Craig 2 weeks ago, and have dropped 7.2 pounds -- don't worry, it's more for health reasons than anything else (no "I want to be an anorexic supermodel" issues here, no sir!)

*I've decided to take a year off from school, get stuff in order, take my GRE, do some volunteering in the labs of some Biology Faculty at Saint Louis University , and apply to their PhD Program for Fall 2006

*Yesterday I got a haircut -- I went in & said "the perm, the color, it was me, it's not me anymore, cut it off!" So my hair is very short -- last time it was this short, I hadn't hit puberty yet & looked kinda like a boy, ask R, he probably remembers -- it's cute, I like it, and have heard nothing but good things about it.

*Planning for grad school means looking for ways to cut costs, so I'm planning on moving this January, someplace less expensive than what I'm paying now, but no leads yet.

The best part is, I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I've been pondering all of these things for weeks now, and I finally sat down and made decisions -- and I feel GREAT about all of them!

Stay tuned for updates!

3 comments:

Jonathan said...

Well Tiffany, I am glad that you feel less stressed.

Jess said...

Yay for you! Isn't it great when you figure things out and get moving in the right direction? I'm so happy for you.

Robert said...

Sweet! Dr. Tiff, huh? Has a nice ring to it. Congrats on the hair - I want pictures posted ASAP! Horray for getting the direction you needed. Would you give my younger brother some pointers?