Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Virtual Visit To My House

I live in the middle of nowhere.

Okay, not really, but comparatively.

This is a map of the area I live in:

Just to give you an idea of the layout:

  • The orange line on the left is 1/2 mile.
  • The yellow house is - you guessed it - our house!
  • Blue pin is my in-laws' house.
  • Red pin is the neighbor lady who glares at us - I don't know why, don't ask.
  • Green pin is the neighbor that I gave a lift to this winter when his truck got stuck in the ice.
  • The tree is the neighbors with the orchard.
  • The fish is the lake we fish in.
  • Yellow pin is where we will eventually build our house.
  • The pink pin is the neighbors who don't talk. At all. We stopped their dog from running out in front of a car, remarked on what a handsome dog he is, etc. -- nothing, not even a grunt.
  • Purple pin are new-ish neighbors who wave to us
  • Turquoise pin is the neighbor who helped me when my truck slid into a ditch (darn freshly-graveled roads)
  • And the purple line is one of our preferred dog-walking routes, at just about one mile long.


For the sake of comparison, here is a picture of my parents' neighborhoods, respectively. The orange line is, again, 1/2 mile; and the blue and purple lines are one mile:

Mom & StepDad:


Dad & StepMom:


Do you see all the neighbors, roads and signs of civilization they have? I've been there, done that & gotten the t-shirt. All things being equal, I will take my 90-mile roundtrip commute to work any day of the week - well, any day M-F, as fair trade for my lovely surroundings. Do I miss being able to order pizza? Yes. But I will exchange that for the sounds of owls and coyotes at night. Having to plan a weekly run to the grocery store (because it takes me 20 minutes to get there) is worth the look on the dogs' faces when we let them run - unleashed - through the woods while we hunt for mushrooms. It's not for everyone - but it works for us!

This past weekend, I took quite a few pictures of our home, yard, garden, etc., which I will post soon (like, as soon as I download them!)

3 comments:

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cKAja said...

like this blog, thankyou so much!

Jili Slot said...

Jili Slot เป็นผู้ให้บริการเกมคาสิโนออนไลน์และก็สล็อตออนไลน์ มีเกมสนุกสนานๆให้เลือกเล่นมาก สามารถเข้าไปเล่น jili slot เล่นผ่านเว็บไซต์ของพวกเราได้เลย ที่เว็บไซต์ pgslot