Thursday, September 28, 2006

NEW JOB and other updates

Arg - what is that now, three weeks? My apologies, it's been a bit busy. Here's a short summary:

I GOT A NEW JOB with the corporate offices of my hospital -- whoo hoo! Executive Services Coordinator in the office of the BIG president! More $$$, better hours, no holidays or weekends! I'm psyched, more later!

Grams' mammogram came back with "something" on it -- for a 25-year breast cancer survivor, that's a mega-depressing thing -- BUT, she had a biopsy, and all is well.

Then she had to put her dog to sleep -- he's the last real connection to Grandpa, I think, since they scattered his ashes in the ocean, so it's tough to deal with; but we are all doing what we can to be there for her.

Jenny Craig -- I'm holding steady between 135-140lbs, right where I want to be. Mom & Grams continue to lose, yay!

I'm still truly, madly, deeply in love with Speed. See how happy I am:

We have scheduled TEN WHOLE DAYS off work to just relax, beginning with a weekend jaunt to the Milwaukee area to catch up with M & JK. After that, we may go camping for a few days, who knows...

Lots of A's in school - yay me! Writing a paper (or should be writing a paper) on the ethics of govermental surveillance for my IT class (think USA PATRIOT Act -- shudder!)

Little bro home from school this weekend, family going out to dinner Friday night, whoo hoo!

Thinking of changing my car insurance carrier -- the little gecko says he can save me like $140/6-months -- does anyone have any experience with Geico? Thoughts, opinions?

That's about it, back to work I go -- in the immortal words of Tigger, ta ta for now!

2 comments:

Robert said...

Ugh. I just wrote a huge comment for you and when I tried to sign in -- it got deleted. Garr.

Summary:
Congrats on the Jenny Craig! Go you!

Congrats on the new job! Is this for Baptist Health up in St. Louis? I may be sniffing around for something closer to home. Do you know if your hospital uses Cerner Software?

Tell your mom she's in my thoughts.

Keep it up with the updates! It's good to hear from you... :)

Tiffany said...

Yo Bert!

The new job is actually for the parent corporation (which I can't/shouldn't mention online), which is over all of our hospitals! Whoo hoo! I don't know what software we use for the patient stuff, hmm...