Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Birthday Holiday

In 17 days, I will be 24. That's right, March 11th is my birthday, and through the luck of scheduling, I actually have a 3-day weekend. I've been pondering what to do for said occasion. Skydiving? Nah -- too much cost for too little time. Day at the spa? Nay, I've done that before. A weekend cruise? Ummm...no, for various reasons including but not limited to price, time constraints, and having no one to go with. However, I think I've come up with something good.

I think I shall take a weekend trip away from it all. Here is my plan:

Friday, March 10th -- Leave home & enjoy a nice 5-hour drive to Eureka Springs, Arkansas. That's right, I said Arkansas. Check into semi-posh hotel. It's a Best Western, but it has extra perks & an on-site restaurant! Get somewhat comfy, then head for a horseback ride with dinner. Back to the hotel to shower & do not much of anything.

Saturday, March 11th -- Enjoy a leisurely breakfast, then head to Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge to see big cats. Take lots of pictures, hang out there till I'm tired, then head back to town to find somewhere to eat. Meander along the main streets. Eat dinner somewhere fancy & spend a bit too much. I may visit this, tee hee, but will NOT be going here, lest my scientific background and addiction to FACTS get me in trouble.

Sunday, March 12th -- don't get up too early, have breakfast, do any last-minute shopping for stuff I saw the day before, then head home. 5 hours of rocking out in the car, just me & my CD collection.

If you get bored, check out the attractions here & let me know if there's anything you think I should look into.

2 comments:

Memehunter said...

You know, I was worried about how Noah could fit two of all those dinosaurs on the ark. Seriously, it had been bothering me. Then I clikced on the link to MoEH and read this:

"The dinosaurs on Noah’s ark were probably juveniles ... since dinosaurs were reptiles, they probably continued to grow throughout their lives. In their adult stage, the dinosaurs would have been quite large (e.g. the Sauropod could grow to 40 feet (12 meters) in length, 60 feet (18 meters) in height, and weigh 70 to 80 tons.)."

Well, that's that sorted. They were obviously *little* dinosaurs. Duh.

Please go there. If only to be so enraged that you firebomb their Tower of Babel exhibit.

Otherwise, enjoy!

Jess said...

It's a birthday bonanza.

And I highly suggest the dinosaur exhibit. Hilarious.